This is it! We’ve come to the end of the road, Dancing With the Stars Season 18 fans. ABC is taking us out with a bang, with two nights of dancing for the final four, more dancing from eliminated contestants, plus musical performances by Season 17 champion Amber Riley, Christina Perri, Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande, and the spring season’s own Cody Simpson. And Olympic champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White will hit the dance floor together for the first time! It’s going to be epic.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect.
MONDAY, MAY 19 (8 to 9:30 p.m. ET)
Here are the final four couples:
They’ll perform two dances Monday night: In the first round, each couple will take on the Judges Pick and repeat the same dance style they did the week of the Switch Up. (Details on that here.) In the second round, the couples take on a supersized Freestyle featuring special effects, additional dancers, and surprises.
At the end of night, one couple will be eliminated based on the previous weeks' viewer votes, combined with the judges' scores from the previous Monday night. So only three couples will enter Tuesday’s show.
UPDATE: Here's a full recap of Night 1.
TUESDAY, MAY 20 (9 to 11 p.m. ET)
There’s a lot happening on Tuesday, so let’s break it down:
• The two-hour season finale will begin with a high-energy performance featuring a reunion of all 12 of this season’s couples as well as the judges.
• One of the three remaining couples will perform their Freestyle dance as an encore, as decided by a Twitter vote. (This may give us an early hint on who wins…)
• The last element of competition asks the finalists to perform a new routine as part of a “24 Hour Fusion Challenge.” The remaining couples will fuse two contrasting dance styles that they’ve performed this season and they’ll have less than 24 hours to prepare that dance for judges’ points. (So there are only three dances for Season 18’s Finale Week, instead of four? Looks that way…)
• The finale will also feature a performance to “Livin’ La Vida Loca,” by Team Loca, giving viewers a chance to watch the routine live with Amy Purdy, as she was unable to dance during the original Team Night due to her injury.
• Viewers will also be treated to encore performances by Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke to “You Can’t Sit Down,” NeNe Leakes to “Grown Woman” featuring six pro dancers, Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy to “Be Our Guest,” and Charlie White and Sharna Burgess to “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”
• Olympic Gold Medalist partners Charlie and Meryl will dance together for the first time.
• Season 18 contestant Cody Simpson will sing his new hit “Surfboard.”
• Last season’s Mirror Ball trophy winner, Amber Riley, will return as a part of Walgreens’ “Dance Happy Be Healthy” with a performance of “Do Your Thing” plus her first single “Colorblind.”
• The finale will also feature Christina Perri singing her ballad “Human,” Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX will perform their hit “Fancy,” and Ariana Grande will perform her new single “Problem.”
• At the end of the night, the public vote from Monday night will be combined with the judges' scores from both nights to crown the Season 18 Champion.
Take note of the special voting hours: For the final week, on Monday, May 19, online voting will open for 15 hours, beginning from the start of the episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT and closing at 11:00 a.m., ET/8:00 a.m., PT the next day. Vote online at www.ABC.com and on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/. You can also continue to call the numbers for each couple.
Phew! What are you most looking forward to seeing this week? One of the competitive dances, one of the performances, or just seeing who wins?