There are only five dancers left on Dancing With the Stars 2013. Because Season 16 will feature a Final 4 instead of a Final 3 this year, that means the finals are just around the bend. And that means it's time to start thinking about who could take home the Mirror Ball.
There are a number of frontrunners that could still run away with it, but Jacoby Jones is one of our favorites for the win. He's been one of the top competitors from day one, and his entertaining performances are always crowd pleasers. Here are five reasons we think Jacoby could win.
5. He's competitive. Things are only going to get tougher as the show heads into the semifinals and then finals. As an athlete, we know Jacoby has the competitive drive needed to keep going at a high level, even while mentally and physically exhausted.
4. Ravens Nation. Zendaya may have the most Twitter followers, but you should never underestimate the power of football fans, especially since Ravens fans are still riding high off their Super Bowl win (which Jacoby played a big part in).
3. Man's got moves. Jacoby may not have the technical prowess of some of his female competitors, but he's pretty good and, more importantly, he has plenty of swagger on the dance floor. His dancing is really, really good.
2. He has an improvement arc. Unlike some of his biggest competitors — looking at you Zendaya and Kellie — Jacoby didn't start out so strong that there was nowhere to go. He's yet to earn a 10, which means if he can triumphantly hit that mark in the semifinals or finals, it will be a great touch for his story.
1. He's FUN. Dancing With the Stars is a dancing show, but above all it's just good ol' fashion TV, there to bring the viewers joy. Jacoby is consistently entertaining, on and off the dance floor. People respond to that.
Do you think Jacoby will win Dancing With the Stars 2013? Sound off below!
Catch the next episode of Dancing With the Stars on Monday, May 13, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaDMartin.