Here at Wetpaint Entertainment we've made no secret of our love for Andy Dick on Dancing With the Stars Season 16. We were sad to see him go home on the Week 7 results show (April 30, 2013). To help process our feelings about the departurel, we've put together a list of five reasons we're going to miss the season's most surprising star.
1. His attitude. Yes, this show is about dancing, but the learning part of the process is important, too. Andy may not have nailed the technique, but it was clear that he was putting his all into it, and he improved dramatically. That's always delightful to see.
2. His redemption story. Disgraced, controversial addict cleans up his act, re-wins America's heart on reality competition show. It sounds like the stuff of movies, but we saw Andy's sincere regret and devotion to his sobriety week in and week out. Viewers weren’t the only ones impressed with Andy’s work ethic: it turns out the network took notice too! Andy booked an ABC comedy pilot, where he will star alongside Adam Goldberg.
3. His humor. He's not a comedian for nothing! And unlike some comedians this show has seen, Andy kept a positive attitude, so his jokes never became bitter or harsh.
4. His performance ability. Yes, Andy's not a fab dancer, but he is top-notch performer. He may not have earned high scores, but at least he never, ever bored us (which is a far worse sin on DWTS than failing to point your feet or breaking hold).
5. Sharna Burgess. While most of Andy's success was all about him, it didn't hurt that he was paired with the clear stand-out amongst the new pros. Sharna Burgess's creative choreography helped emphasize all of Andy's good qualities. Remember that Jazz routine? A bit messy, but magic.
Will you miss Andy? Share your feelings in the comments below!
Catch the next episode of Dancing With the Stars on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaDMartin.