Just when you think things can’t get weirder!
On Monday’s Dancing With the Stars All-Stars Week 8 Performance Show, Tom Bergeron said the Week 9 Semifinals would feature dances performed to music of Michael Jackson's Bad album. But we’re in two or three dance territory now, and on Tuesday’s Week 8 Results Show, they did another competitors’ choice twist, with the then-six remaining couples getting assigned funky new dance styles that were already paired with bizarre themes.
Check out who was given what:
• Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani — “Caveman” Hustle
• Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough — “Knight Rider” Bhangra (it’s an Indian folk dance?)
• Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff — “Big Top” Jazz
• Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke — “Espionage” Lindy Hop
• Kelly Monaco & Valentin Chmerkovskiy — “Surfer” Flamenco
Even Derek didn’t know what Bhangra was. We’re sure they’ll all figure it out, but … strange!
Catch a new episode of Dancing With the Stars Season 15: All-Stars on Monday, November 19 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
For more news about Dancing With the Stars, Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter.