The Emmy’s just can’t get enough of Downton Abbey. The British period drama earned a whopping 12 nominations for the 2013 Emmy Awards, landing noms for many of the show’s stars. That said, leading man Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley) is noticeably missing. (Though after Dan basically quit the show this season to move to Hollywood and pursue a film career, is that really much of a surprise?)
A complete list of nominations appears below, with Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary Crawley) and Maggie Smith’s (The Dowager Countess) award nods coming at no surprise. Also of note, Downton Abbey Season 3, Episode 4 — aka the episode where Lady Sybil (Jessica Brown Findlay) dies — gained four total nominations, though the actress herself was not nominated specifically.
5. Outstanding Drama Series: Downton Abbey
6. Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series: Julian Fellowes, Downton Abbey Season 3, Episode 4
7. Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: Jeremy Webb, Downton Abbey Season 3, Episode 4
8. Outstanding Art Direction for a Single-Camera Series: Donal Woods, Mark Kebby and Gina Cromwell, Downton Abbey Season 3, Episode 7
9. Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series: Jill Trevellick, Downton Abbey
10. Outstanding Costumes for a Drama Series: Caroline McCall and Dulcie Scott, Downton Abbey Season 3, Episode 4
11. Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series: Magi Vaughan and Vanya Pell, Downton Abbey Season 3, Episode 4
12. Outstanding Music Composition for a Series: Downton Abbey Season 3, Episode 6
Do you agree with the Downton nominations, or are you thinking that Matthew and Jessica might have been snubbed? Head below and share your thoughts.