We all know Emilie de Ravin as the beautiful and sweet Belle on Once Upon a Time, who acts as Rumplestiltskin’s moral compass (and true love) and loves books. But off-screen, there is so much about Emilie that we don’t know!
While fans of Em from her previous shows — Roswell and Lost — may already know everything about her, here are five fun facts about the actress that may be new to the average OUAT viewer!
1. Girl knows how to dance. Ballet, that is! Emilie studied the elegant style starting at the age of 9 at Christa Cameron School of Ballet in Melbourne, Australia, and was accepted into the Australian Ballet School at 15!
2. She has a green thumb. Like Belle, Emilie knows how to fend for herself and take care of people. When she’s not working, she loves enjoying the great outdoors by gardening and hiking.
3. She’s a ballet school dropout! Though she was accepted into the prestigious Australian Ballet School, she dropped out after a year to take acting courses at National Institute of Dramatic Art in Australia.
4. Her pup’s name is almost the same as her character’s. Emilie has two dogs, Bella and Mabel. Bella is almost Belle...
5. She was almost homeless! When Emilie first relocated from Australia to California for Roswell back in 1999, she didn’t even have an apartment before moving! Apparently it was worth the risk, because look at her amazing career now.
Did you know all of these facts about Emilie? Sound off below!
Sources: ABC, IMDB