“End the Relationship or You Don’t Get the Lungs” and More Grey’s Anatomy Quotes: February 24, 2011
So many of the best quotes from this week's episode of Grey's Anatomy (Season 7, Episode 16) were argumentative! Whether it was between husband and wife, girlfriend and girlfriend, or doctor and patient, all these people wanted their voices heard.
10. Meredith / Derek: "I have one opinion, and that is that I just want a tub deep enough that covers my..." "...knees and boobs at the same time." And Derek better deliver, 'cause hell hath no fury like a Meredith in a shallow bathtub.
9. Alex [to Meredith]: "Maybe it's glaucoma. Hey, you could get a prescription for pot." Clearly, Alex Karev always looks on the bright side of life.
8. Cristina [to Owen]: "When have you ever known me to 'come around'?" She has a point, man. She has a point. Mules are less intractable than Cristina Yang.
7. Owen [to Cristina]: "You have an obligation to at least pretend that you care what the hell I want." Well, shoot. Owen has a point, too. Whose side are we supposed to take, writers? Help us out here.
6. Ricky [to Teddy]: "Do you love someone? If you did, you know: it's rare, and it's a gift." Well, of course Teddy loves someone. She is married, after all. Oh... wait...
5. Arizona [to Callie]: "This is not my dream." And by "this," she means "Mark being in my life 24/7." It's true: too much steam can drive someone to the point of exhaustion.
4. Lexie [to Julia]: "You're killing him. You're taking a gun and killing him, and there is nothing romantic about a joint suicide." Okay, maybe Lexie's rhetoric is a little over-the-top, but we guess there's no overstating the risk.
3. Teddy [to Ricky]: "End the relationship, or you don't get the lungs." They don't call her Teddy "Ultimatum" Altman for nothin', do they?
2. Lexie [to Julia]: "And it always feels like there is just one person in this world to love, and then you find somebody else, and it just seems crazy that you were ever worried in the first place." Oh, Lexie. How comforting... and how prescient for your own life. (Goodbye, Mark; hello, Jackson!)
1. Jackson [to Lexie]: "I'm in the line." The line of Lexie soul mates, that is! Was anyone else reminded of Arizona's first conversation with Callie?