We all know and love (and miss) Richard Madden as Game of Thrones's unfortunately deceased Robb Stark. But how well do you know the actor outside of the role?
Richard turns 27 today, June 18, 2013. To celebrate his birthday, we've gathered five fun facts about the actor that you might not have known.
1. He started acting to overcome shyness. He joined a theater company to overcome his shyness at age 11.
2. He's no stranger to darkness. His first professional role was in the film Complicity, and as he told the London Evening Standard: "My first job was being raped by a man in the woods, so I really did get thrown into the deep end."
3. He's dating another genre TV icon. Richard has been dating Doctor Who star Jenna-Louise Coleman since 2011. Talk about a geek power couple!
4. He was bullied in school because of his acting. It was very hard on him, he explained to the Herald Scotland. Fortunately, he didn't give up on his dream.
5. His father was in the fire service; his mother was a classroom assistant. Richard definitely isn't one of those actors who come from a long line of professional artists and actors.