Game of Thrones fans know Kit Harington best as the brooding bastard Jon Snow, but, much like on the show, there’s a lot going on under the surface. Here are five facts about Kit that even the most ardent GoT fan might not know.
1. He had an interesting break. Specifically, he broke his ankle attempting to climb into his apartment after he lost his keys coming home one night after partying. The injury occurred shortly before shooting began on Season 3 of GoT. To help his ankle recover, a body double was used for some of Kit’s scenes. Wights and wildlings be damned, apartment windows are the most dangerous foe of all!
2. He reads the books. Unlike many of his castmates, Kit has read the first four books in A Song of Ice and Fire, the series on which GoT is based, and that puts him roughly a season or two ahead of the show at this point. So, concerning what lies ahead for Jon Snow, it would appear that Kit Harington knows something.
3. He didn’t know his name until he was 11 Say what? It’s true! Kit’s real name is Christopher, but he was called Kit by his family for as long as he could remember. Then one day at school while taking a test he wrote his name as “Kit,” and the teachers corrected him. We kind of wonder what was going on during his first six years or so of school.
4. He thought he would be a journalist. Kit only considered acting to be a hobby, until he decided to attend drama school. He still enjoys writing in his free time, though. Hey, maybe in some parallel universe Kit is the one writing this article!
5. His dream is to be in a Coen Brothers’ movie. With the way his star is rising, we wouldn’t be shocked to see the film-making bros come calling. It’s too bad they already made a film called A Serious Man though, Jon Snow would have been perfect!