Game of Thrones fans know Charles Dance best as the menacing patriarch of the Lannister family, Tywin Lannister, but, much like on the show, there’s a lot going on under the surface.
Here are five facts about Charles that even the most ardent GoT fan might not know.
1. He had a baby gap. Charles had a daughter in 2012, 27 years after the birth of his last child. We bet his previous kid thought that his role as baby in the House of Dance was secure...
2. He has a royal seal of approval. In 2006, Charles earned his OBE, officially granting him the title “Officer of the Order of the British Empire.” It’s not quite “Hand of the King” status, but it’s a start.
3. He was almost a graphic designer. Before committing full-time to acting, Charles studied graphic design at Plymouth College of Art and Leicester College of Art. Who knows, maybe in another life he could have designed the Lannister’s sigil!
4. He’s been acting for almost 40 years. Charles made his onscreen debut way back in 1974 on the British television series Father Brown.
5. He dances in women’s clothing. Just watch.