Game of Thrones fans know Isaac Hempstead-Wright best as wolf-child Bran Stark, but, much like on the show, there’s a lot going on under the surface. Here are five facts about Isaac that even the most ardent GoT fan might not know.
1. He’s a Young Artist...Or at least he was nominated for the Young Artists Award for Best Supporting Young Actor in a TV series in 2013 for his work on GoT.
2. He has an awesome Twitter handle. You can find Isaac on Twitter at @IsaacBranFlakes, where he seems to have a good sense of humor when it comes to his character’s high-fiber name.
3. He’s waiting until he’s older to read the books. Isaac tells sciencefiction.com about the A Song of Ice and Fire book series upon which GoT is based, “I tried reading Game of Thrones, but found it a bit daunting. I’m going to try again when I’m a bit older.” George R. R. Martin would approve.
4. He acted before GoT. Unlike some of the other child actors on GoT, Isaac had some acting experience prior to the show. He had a small role in the 2011 British horror film The Awakening.
5. He’s starring in an upcoming animated film. Isaac voices the role of Eggs, a boy raised by underground garbage collectors called boxtrolls in the upcoming film The Boxtrolls, due out next year. Ben Kingsley and Simon Pegg also star.