Game of Thrones fans know Kristian Nairn best as mammoth simpleton Hodor but, much like on the show, there’s a lot going on under the surface. Here are five facts about Kristian that even the most ardent GoT fan might not know.
1. He makes some sick beats. Before his Game of Thrones fame, Kristian was best known as a DJ. He has a running gig at famed Irish dance club, Kremlin, and has worked with acts like the Scissor Sisters. Hodor!
2. He’s got some face ink. Kristian has several small stars tattooed above his right eye. Never noticed them on the show? You can thank the show’s makeup department for that.
3. He’s a fantasy gamer. Long before he was running around Westeros, Kristian was wandering the vast plains of the World of Warcraft. Kristian says in his official Twitter profile, “I'm a massive WoW nerd, and gamer in general.” We wonder if the characters he favors are anything like Hodor?
4. He’ll “Hodor” whenever he wants to. Kristian took to Vine to respond to the “nomorehodoring” hashtag, and we’ll give you a preview of what he thinks of it: Hodor.
5. He’s huge. Hodor’s giant size isn’t the work of CGI or camera tricks, since Kristian stands an impressive 6’10½” in real life.