Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8, is aptly titled “The Mountain and the Viper” since it’s going to feature the duel between the two to determine the fate of Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage). We’re super excited for the fight, and here’s why.
1. There aren’t enough good fights. This season of Game of Thrones has been great, but it’s been lacking in the epic fight department. Other than Jon Snow vs. Karl “Legend of Gin Alley” Tanner, we haven’t had any great knock em down, drag em out battles. This looks like it could be one.
2. Oberyn’s revenge. Oberyn’s entire arc since his debut this season has been to achieve revenge on the Mountain for the murder of his sister and her children. He’ll finally get his chance, and we’ll be rooting hard.
3. The Mountain looks awesome. Thor Bjornsson is an absolute beast, and we can’t wait to see him in action in all his sword-wielding glory. It should be amazing.
4. The stakes have never been higher. The fact that Oberyn, who has quickly become a fan favorite, is gunning for his revenge while simultaneously fighting to prove Tyrion’s innocence means we’re going to be on the edge of our seats for this entire fight. We probably won’t even need coffee that day, we’ll be so amped up.
5. The spectacle. The fact that this takes place in a coliseum with a giant audience only adds to the fun, giving it the feel of a gladiator match in Ancient Rome. While we’re not as bloodthirsty as Ancient Romans, we’re betting the crowd in King’s Landing will be.
Catch the next episode of Game of Thrones Season 4 on June 1, 2014 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.