The Game of Thrones Season 4 finale (Season 4, Episode 10, "The Children") is almost here, and that means it's time to start worrying about our favorite characters. After all, this is Game of Thrones we're talking about where no one is safe and we can never let our guard down.
Why Dany Might Die
Here are a few reasons we're worried about the Last Targaryen.
1. She just sent away her greatest friend. Dany's cold dismissal of Jorah is exactly the kind of wrong move that Game of Thrones loves to punish. Wouldn't it be ironic if something bad happened that Jorah could have prevented?
2. She's been making a lot of enemies in Essos. It turns out going around overthrowing the ruling class in every city you can find makes as many enemies as it does friends. Dany's quest to do good has clearly pissed people off, and we wouldn't be surprised if a disenfranchised noble decided that assassination would be a quick fix to the problem.
3. Let's not forget Tywin. Thanks to Varys, Tywin is aware of Dany, her dragons, and her new claim to queenhood. While he's a little busy condemning his own son to death, it's possible the Lannister patriarch has also been plotting to rid himself of this Targ nuisance for good. As the Starks learned the hard way, being on Tywin's hit list is very, very dangerous.
Why Dany Will Probably Live
1. There's no immediate threat. Tyrion has been sentenced to death. Jon Snow is about to try to kill the head of a giant army. There are real reasons to be concerned about them. Dany, on the other hand, is sitting relatively pretty right now. Yeah, she's made some enemies, but if she died this week it would fee completely random, and not in a good way.
2. Her plot must be going somewhere. Like, come on. There's no way we're spending all this time with Dany on a whole other continent just to have her die before she gets to Westeros, right? Right?!
3. Dragons! Dany is the only one who can control her dragons. We're pretty sure the dragons are going to come into play in a big fight down the line (otherwise, what's the point?). It follows that Dany will probably live long enough to at least ride one of her beasts into battle.
Do you think Dany could die? Let us know in the comments below.
Catch the Game of Thrones Season 4 finale on June 15, 2014, at 9 p.m. ET on HBO.