UPDATE: E! reports that no trace of the drug fentanyl was found in Cory's system, according to the British Columbia Coroners Office. Fentanyl is an opioid narcotic similar to morphine that recently made headlines because of a potential link between its use and an increase in heroin overdoses in British Columbia.

It’s official: Glee’s Cory Monteith (Finn) did, in fact, die of a drug overdose. TV Line reports that Cory died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.” This comes from the British Columbia Coroners Office’s initial autopsy report, which was released on July 16.

In an official video announcement posted to the Providence of British Columbia’s YouTube page, BC Coroner Barbara McLintock revealed that “it involved heroin, primarily, and also alcohol.”

Of note, Barbara also made it clear that Cory’s death does not appear to be a suicide. “There is absolutely nothing at this point, no evidence that suggests this is anything other than the most sad and tragic accident.”

The Glee star passed away suddenly over the weekend. Hotel workers at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, Canada, discovered Cory’s body in his hotel room on July 13 when he failed to check out on time.

Cory checked into rehab for substance abuse issues at the tail end of March 2013, and left treatment just a month later, near the end of April. It was Cory’s second time in rehab. He went once before, at just 19.

Though few people had any idea that Cory’s struggles had returned, new reports are emerging that say the Glee star stayed clean and sober in Los Angeles, but would return to his partying ways when he went home to visit his friends in Canada.

More details coming soon. Please check back for more on this breaking story.

Source: TV Line

Credit: YouTube Photo: Cory Monteith's Cause of Death Confirmed — Not a Suicide