Hoping to attract more members, Will recruits Finn Hudson by blackmailing him with detention. Ah, the lessons we learn from this show! Finn, the star quarterback of the football team with a secret passion for singing, risks alienation from his popular girlfriend, Cheerio Quinn Fabray, and football teammate, Noah "Puck" Puckerman, for his participation in glee. But sometimes, you just gotta sing!
With moral support from friend and fellow colleague Emma Pillsbury (and despite threats from "Cheerios" head Sue Sylvester), Will starts to get his glee club on track. Yet when his wife Terri finds out she is pregnant, Will is pressured to quit teaching and take on a better-paying job. The glee club vows to go on, and they work together to stage a number without a director. When Will sees them perform "Don't Stop Believin'," he knows he has to come back to school and glee. "It would kill me to watch you win Nationals without me," he says. And this was just the first of countless moments from this show that leave us misty-eyed and reaching for the tissue box!
1. Don't Stop Believin' — Journey (1981)/ Album: Escape
2. Rehab — Amy Winehouse (2006)/ Album: Back to Black
3. On My Own — from Les Misérables (composed in 1980)
4. Respect — Otis Redding (1965), Aretha Franklin (1967)/ Albums: Otis Blue (Otis Redding) and I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You (Aretha Franklin)
5. Mr. Cellophane — from Chicago (opened on Broadway in 1975)
6. I Kissed a Girl — Katy Perry (2008)/ Album: One of the Boys
7. Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat — from Guys and Dolls (opened on Broadway in 1950)
8. Can't Fight This Feeling — REO Speedwagon (1984)/ Album: Wheels Are Turnin'