So here’s the thing. We know that Glee newbies Jake (Jacob Artist) and Marley (Melissa Benoist) have chemistry. Glee creator Ryan Murphy has already given them the mashup name “Jarley,” and we know that Melissa’s chemistry with Jake IRL is one of the reasons producers felt so confident giving her the role.
But all that background aside, will Jake and Marley actually ever become an item? He is dating Kitty (Becca Tobin), after all, and we’re willing to be she wouldn’t give him up without a fight?
Spoilers about the future of Jarley on Glee Season 4 have been pouring in right and left, so we thought now would be a good time to round all of them up into one place. Here’s a rundown of what we know so far.
- Glee Season 4: Will Jake and Marley Date? Jacob Artist Teases “Drama” and Love Triangle — Exclusive
Jacob told us that while Jake and Marley certainly have a connection, that whole Jake/Kitty/Marley love triangle is still very much a reality.
- Marley and Jake’s Romance on Glee Season 4: Melissa Benoist Teases “Crazy Things” to Come — Exclusive
Speaking of that love triangle, Melissa told us that it’s going to “keep people on edge,” and that there are “some crazy things” in store.
- Becca Tobin on Glee's New Love Triangle: Guess Who's Not Afraid to Fight Dirty! — Exclusive
Just in case you were wondering: Kitty has every intention of holding on to her man, and she’s not afraid to fight dirty, either.
- Glee Season 4 Spoilers: Marley and Jake’s Deep Connection — and Why She’s Better For Him Than Kitty!
That said, Jake and Marley connect on a much deeper level than he and Kitty do. They’re both dealing with difficult and challenging family backgrounds, too. Looking at things long term, that could certainly give Marley a better shot.
- Glee Season 4 Spoilers: Blaine Will Regret Letting Kurt Go — and Two People Are Crushing on Marley!
But if Jake doesn’t reciprocate Marley’s feelings, some other member of the New Directions just may! We’re hearing another guy will develop quite the crush on her pretty soon. Two possible contenders: Her close pal Sam (Chord Overstreet), and hot new McKinley football jock Ryder (Blake Jenner).
- Glee Season 4: Is THIS Photographic Evidence That Jake and Marley Are on a Date?
But in true love triangle form, there is progress being made on all front. New photos tweeted by Melissa make it look suspiciously a lot like Jake and Marley might be going a date in Season 4, Episode 6. Nothing is for certain quite yet, but we definitely can’t wait to see how this all plays out!
Can’t get enough Gleetastic goodness? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!