Boys and girls the world over have been pining after Darren Criss since he joined the Glee cast in 2010 as Kurt’s boyfriend, Blaine Anderson. His fandom is fierce and vast, and rightly so — the dude, can sing, dance, and act. If you’re new to this being-in-love-with-Darren thing, bad news: Darren’s taken, and not just by any other girl next door.
While the Glee star has been coy about his love life, Darren and NYC-based musician Mia Swier have reportedly been dating off-and-on for years. The rumored lovebirds were last spotted in April in New York City, taking in Knicks game with Darren’s brother, Chuck, and his fiancé.
So, who is this girl who’s won the heart of our dearly beloved Darren? Turns out, she’s pretty cool. Here are 5 things to know about Miss Mia:
- Mia’s not just a musician; her talents span far wider than music. According to IMDB, she’s an Associate Producer at Showtime Networks.
- She’s no amateur! Mia attended New York University’s Steinhardt School of Media Studies and Television Production.
- Mia used to sing and play bass for a band called Shoot the Freak, but they recently broke up — so she's now devoting her time to an awesome Guns N' Roses cover band, aptly named Guns N' Hoses.
- In addition to her profesh day job and onstage bass shredding, Mia finds the time to write, direct, and star in her own socially-conscious films, including “A (Not So) Civil Union,” a mockumentary about the (fictional) first lesbian wedding.
- Mia is a fierce believer in marriage equality and often tweets her opinions about supporting basic human rights: “I like to believe that human compassion is more rampant then ever before.”