Taylor Momsen (Jenny) had something to smile about at the recent launch of Victoria's Secret's new scent collection, Love Rocks. And while her smile made a rare (and welcome!) appearance at the event, it was definitely upstaged by her extreme eye makeup. This look is dramatic even for Taylor — and that's saying a whole heckuva lot! Sure, it's over-the-top and a bit racoon-like, but Taylor somehow rocks it. Would you dare wear it in real life? Tone down the drama a bit, and we think it's a look that'll get you noticed — in a good way.
Here's how to get a toned-down version of Momsen's rock star eye in five easy steps:
1. Create a smooth canvas with a matte powder foundation like Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup SPF 15, $34.50.
2. Add a pop of color to the cheeks with a pinkish-rose blush. Try Revlon Powder Blush in "Softspoken Pink," $10.
3. Line around the full inner and outer rims of the eyes with a black eye pencil. You can go easier on the application than Momsen did, but the secret to this strong statement look is to be sure to line around the entire eye, including the inner rims. L'Oreal HiP High Intensity Pigments Kohl Liner in "Black," $12, makes it easy to build and blend color on the eyes.
4. Add to the drama with two coats of an inky-black thickening mascara like Rimmel Volume Flash Instant Thickening Mascara, $7.59.
5. Finish off the look with a swipe of rose gloss to match the blush color. We like Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in "Shine That Pink," $7.
Each week, learn how to get the best GG beauty looks with makeup artist and veteran beauty blogger Liz Hardy from DailyBeautyBuy.com.