Guy: Dan (Penn Badgley)
1. We love Dan in winter. He may think of himself as some indie downtown rebel, but no boy rocks a preppie scarf like he does.
2. Dan and Blair continue to bring the banter. She really brings out the best in him. Her dialogue has always had that snap, but this is the most we’ve loved Dan in years.
3. That kiss. How could that not put him on top? It was so hot it stopped time.
Girl: Lily (Kelly Rutherford)
1. She was honest. Lily is adept at avoiding the consequences of her actions. Whenever anyone comes to her with a complaint, she’s whipped out her checkbook before they finish talking. Nice to see her own her mistake this time — and to tell Chuck (Ed Westwick) to use it to take that SOB Thorpe down.
2. She’s pretty much the only one who ever calls Serena (Blake Lively) out on what a moron she is. Her eyeroll upon learning that S keeps vital documents in her sweater drawer? Priceless.
3. She wore her hair down! She looked so pretty. Apparently the Power Bun loses structural integrity on the rare occasion when Lily admits she’s wrong.
Want more Gossip Girl goodness? “Like” our GG fan page on Facebook! You know you love us. XOXO
For more from “Empire of the Son”...
Gossip Girl Recap: The Unthinkable Happens in Season 4, Episode 17: "Empire of the Son"
Gossip Girl Fashion From Season 4, Episode 17: "Empire of the Son"
Dan and Blair Kiss! The Top 5 OMG Moments From Gossip Girl Season 4, Episode 17: "Empire of the Son"
Stuff You Need to Know From Gossip Girl Season 4, Episode 17: “Empire of the Son”