The Vampire Diaries Graduation: Ranking Mystic Falls High’s Students
It’s been so long since we’ve seen any of the “high school students” on The Vampire Diaries attending class that it’s easy to forget that many of these eternal youngsters are, in fact, graduating from Mystic Falls High! Hooray! We’ve ordered you all copies of Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
Just because these kids have been racking up unexcused absences like it’s going out of style doesn’t mean their teachers have stopped keeping score. These graduating seniors will be walking to pomp and circumstance in Season 4, Episode 23, and we’re making our predictions as to how this whole class will shake out. Ready to pick your ponies? Let’s do this!
2. Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola) Fake out! She’s totally #1. Can you say Type A? Caroline loves nothing more than public validation, except maybe out-doing Rebekah. You better believe she’s been keeping up with her homework and making sure she is the last to compel whichever poor MFH staffer is in charge of the class rankings.
3. Stefan (Paul Wesley) This guy has already gone to college, so MFHS's classes can't be too hard for him. But he has enough unexcused absences to knock him down in the rankings a bit.
4. April Young (Grace Phipps) Poor sweet April has the disadvantage of being a transfer student to Mystic Falls High (and a junior), but she’s so eager to please and be accepted that she’s probably busted her buns to do well in class since her arrival. She also loves writing, just like pre-vampire Elena, so at least those English classes were probably a breeze.
5. Matt (Zach Roerig) Solid, dependable Matt. He’s a B student if we ever saw one.
6. Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) Elena was always a pretty high achiever, and a lovely writer, and then she became a vampire, shut off her emotions, and stopped caring about anything, least of all (we’re guessing) school. Even though the emotional faucet is slowly dripping back on, we can’t imagine good grades have yet returned to her brain, especially considering how all-consuming her Katherine (Nina Dobrev) rage is at the moment.
7. Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham) Bonnie is a smart cookie, but she’s been pouring so much energy into this Expression business recently that her studies probably pale in comparison. Sounds bad, but when we weigh “defeating Silas” against “passing English” we’re pretty sure she made the right choice.