Grey's Anatomy's Alex Karev usually keeps mum about his personal history, but luckily, there's a wealth of information about the actor who portrays him. While Justin Chambers' most devoted fans probably already know all of the deets about him, here are 10 fun facts about the Grey's actor that the more casual fan might not know.
1. He was born in Springfield, Ohio. His mother and father were both sheriff deputies.
2. He has a fraternal twin brother, Jason. Both of them were repeatedly admitted to the hospital as children for recurring cases of pneumonia. He has three other siblings, as well, making him one of five kids, and he grew up to have five kids of his own. Coincidence?
3. He was discovered on the Paris Metro by a modeling scout.
4. He modeled for Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, and Armani in three continents.
5. You might remember Justin from his amazingly awful Italian accent in the 2001 flick, The Wedding Planner, alongside JLO.
6. His first major acting gig was in 1994, appearing in the music video for Dave Matthews Band's "Ants Marching."
7. In his various film roles, he has acted alongside actors like Adrien Brody, Jennifer Lopez, Tim Roth, Anna Faris, Uma Thurman, and Samuel L. Jackson.
8. He was cast as a series regular in Cold Case but left after the first four episodes.
9. He suffers from a biological sleep condition, which has caused him to only get two hours of sleep on some nights. In 2008, he checked himself into the UCLA Medical Center to be treated for exhaustion.
10. He chipped in to build a home for a 2009 episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
What's your favorite fact about Justin? Sound off in the comments below!