This week’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy (Season 10, Episode 7: “Thriller”) promised to be spook-tacular, and while it wasn’t exactly Night-Mer on Elm Street, we are definitely terrified that Cristina and Meredith’s legendary friendship might be beyond repair.
Miss the episode because you were busy trick-or-treating? Don’t worry, we’ll get you all caught up:
1. The Halloween costumes were on par this year. Zola as a butterfly, Tuck as a mad scientist, and Sofia as a space princess (weird Calzona compromise… we’ll explain later) — the kids of Grey’s were perfectly outfitted this Halloween. And our (un)official Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital 2013 costume contest winner? Jo as Tinkerbell, because she looked gorgeous.
2. The patients? Scariest ever. We were promised zombies, and in a way, we got them: in the form of a drugged out dude going around biting people for fun. He even bit Leah, but don’t worry, her tests leaft her in the clear for HIV. Also, let’s not forget the creepy old lady who made Shane think she saw Heather’s ghost. That story had a sweet ending after Shane found out Heather would slip her medicine she couldn’t afford for free and promised to keep helping out the patient.
3. Callie and Arizona Update: Still not back together… but a little closer to being civil with each other. After a massive disagreement over Sofia’s Halloween costume (Arizona wanted her to be an astronaut while Callie picked princess), Callie refused to attend Meredith’s Halloween party. But in the end, she showed up, and Sofia got to spend the holiday with both her mommies. And Arizona? Looks like she’s moving on, if a naked Leah in her bed is any indication.
4. And as for Cristina and Meredith? Also not back together quite yet. First, Meredith didn’t invite Cristina to the Halloween party, assuming she wouldn’t want to spend her night around kids. Cristina’s hurt, though, and after a bit of obsessing, she shows up bearing cupcakes… and leaves when she realizes Mer’s having fun without her. Heartbroken? We were, but Alex’s wasn’t. He dug right in.
5. Surprise! Ben’s back. But, uh, for good. He missed Bailey and Tuck so much that he quit his residency and is back in Seattle so he can be with his family. Totally a valid choice to make, but Bailey’s pissed he would give up on something so important to him, especially without discussing it with her first. Not exactly a warm homecoming for Ben, but to be fair, earlier in the day, Richard kicked Bailey off his case, instead choosing to let an intern take the reins in his surgery, and it’s obviously cut her deep.
What did you think of this week’s Grey’s Anatomy episode? Sound off below!