Season 10, Episode 12 ("Get Up, Stand Up”) is going to send us into the extra-long winter hiatus, and if we've learned anything over the last decade of Grey's Anatomy, it's that it won't leave our screens without a bang.
The episode synopsis and preview give us a small taste of what to expect when we tune in on Thursday, but what do we want from this mid-season finale? Since it's the season of wishlists, we've put together ours for the episode. Maybe Santa will drop us some plot-related presents a few weeks early.
1. No April/Matthew wedding. That's right: We're Japril shippers, and proud of it! Yes, April's fiancé is a nice man who will make a great hubby — for someone else, because April belongs with Jackson, thank you very much. Grey's has a history of interrupted weddings and broken engagements, and we're hoping to add this one to the list soon.
2. Some resolution with Alex and his dad. Grey's is good at family drama, but we can only watch Alex yell at his deadbeat dad so many times before it gets boring. Whether they find a way to start to make up, or finally move on for good, we're hoping to see some forward momentum with this plot soon.
3. Movement in the Meredith and Cristina fight. The synopsis promises more bickering between these former besties, but can it please be new? This plot has a lot of potential, but it seems to have been going in circles in recent weeks. Whether it's a deeper rift or the beginning of a healing process, we feel the same way about this conflict as the one between Alex and his dad — it needs to go somewhere.
4. Good news for Calzona. Last week Callie and Arizona figured out they should do a little less talking, and a little more lovin'. We have our fingers crossed that the positive trend continues.
5. No more crashes, please? A ferry crash. A car crash. A plane crash. Is there anything that hasn't crashed during a major Grey's event episode? The preview teases that the last five minutes will leave us shocked, but we're hoping that it won't be because someone's life hangs in the balance. We're not sure if our hearts can take another two months of speculating about a favorite character's fate, and there's plenty of relationship drama to leave us gasping, anyway.
What do you want from the mid-season finale? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the episode on Thursday December 12, 2013 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.