You love Kevin McKidd from his role on Grey's Anatomy. But how much do you know about the man behind Owen Hunt?
While we might not have much to teach the most devoted Owen fans, for those of you who haven't yet memorized his biography, here are five interesting facts about the actor.
1. He's Scottish. If you've only ever seen Kevin on Grey's, you might be shocked to learn he's actually Scottish. Check out his accent! He's very proud of his heritage and recently recorded an album of Scottish folk music.
2. Yep, he's a musician. He was even part of a band that was successful enough to tour when he was younger!
3. He's also a director and producer. On top of acting and singing, Kevin has directed several episodes of Grey's and has his own production company.
4. He was in Trainspotting. Kevin has a long and impressive resume, but his second film role ever is still one of his most famous. In 1996 Kevin starred as Tommy in the cult-classic Trainspotting, the film that helped launch Ewan McGregor to international stardom.
5. He's very involved with charity work. Like many Grey's stars, Kevin likes to give back. He's especially devoted to the Save the Children foundation (all the proceeds from his album go to the charity, for instance).
Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Source: IMDB, BBC