You love Ellen Pompeo from her starring role on Grey's Anatomy. But how much do you know about the woman behind Meredith Grey?
While we might not have much to teach the most devoted Ellen Pompeo fans, for those of you who haven't yet memorized her biography, here are seven facts that make this actress even more interesting.
1. She has five siblings. All of them are at least eight years older than her. She's the baby of the family!
2. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was a witness at her wedding. Ellen and her hubby Chris Ivery married in a tiny civil ceremony, but that didn't stop them from snagging one very impressive witness. How? It turns out Chris and Bloomberg have mutual friends.
3. She and her husband met at a grocery store. Speaking of Chris, isn't it cool that he and Ellen met in a totally down to earth way? They became friends after meeting in a grocery store, and started dating six months later.
4. She has asthma. It's a good thing she plays a doctor on TV. That's gotta help, right?
5. She was discovered while working at the SoHo Bar & Grill in New York. Lucky her!
6. Her mother died young. Ellen's mother died when Ellen was only four years old. Ellen thinks that has greatly impacted her outlook, saying, "I think having my mother die at such a very young age — when she was 33 — I appreciate life so much."
7. She was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. But you'd never know it, because her entire role ended up on the cutting room floor! Here's a look at her in a deleted scene.
Catch the next new episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, March 12 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Source: IMDB, People, People
Satisfy your Grey’s Anatomy addiction: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr.