Plenty of playful banter to go around in this episode of Grey's Anatomy, especially between Bailey (Chandra Wilson) and her revived beau Ben. But there were also moments of soul-baring honesty and emotion, too. Let's recap the best words uttered on this week's episode.
10. Alex: "Well, guess what? Yoda down there? Biggest shark of them all."
First time we've heard Richard (James Pickens Jr.) compared to Yoda. Is he small? No. Is he green? No. Does he have hair growing out of his ears? Well...
9. Ben [to Bailey]: "Well, I'd say we should get a drink and celebrate, but I know you don't have room in your life for joy."
It's funny because it kinda seems true!
8. Ben: "You have a child? Whoa, when did that happen?" Bailey: "Oh, stop, you are not a funny man."
Ben, rest assured, you most definitely are a funny man.
7. Callie [to Arizona, about Sofia's blanket]: "Fuzzy side up, not down, up, not down, up, not down, up, my way, my way."
Zinger! Callie (Sara Ramirez) impersonates Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) pitch-perfectly.
6. Bailey [to Ben]: "My toothbrush is in my locker. One step at a time."
We get the symbolism, but even in terms of baby steps, that one is kinda tiny.
5. Richard: "You have every reason to be pissed with me, Karev. I played you. I wanted in on that surgery, and I looked for the weakest link, and it was you."
Alex: "That's all right. Next time I'll know better."
Richard: "It's not all right. That was your moment, and I took it away from you. What I did today was sad; it was pathetic. An old man acting out of fear. You get to a point in your career — you know — in your life when you realize you got more yesterdays than tomorrows, and that realization is hard on a man. But when you get a chance to get in on something like that, you fight like a tiger... all because you think it will give you just a little more time in the game."
What a fine performance, and what dastardly motives!
4. Richard [to Alex]: "Twice in one day, Karev? Honest to God. It was like taking candy from a baby. No, that's not right. That's not fair to the baby. It was easier than taking candy from a baby. At least a baby puts up a bit of a fight."
Brutal. Let there be no doubt: Richard still has his wits about him.
3. Bailey: "The fact that I know things about your personal life is one of the great sadnesses of my existence."
We love it. For the next week, we're gonna go around talking about how others' personal lives are the great sadnesses of our existences.
2. April [to Teddy]: "She said she's sure! Enough!"
Poor April (Sarah Drew). If only you knew that you'd be taken more seriously if you delivered your exclamations in a less screechy manner.
1. Teddy [to Cristina]: "You were me in that OR. You were good. And you did it right. He just died."
Ah, finally some catharsis for Teddy (Kim Raver) and a respite for Cristina (Sandra Oh)! Everyone can breathe a deep sigh of relief.
Catch next week’s Grey’s Anatomy Season 8, Episode 12: “Hope for the Hopeless” on Thursday, January 19 at 9pm ET/PT on ABC.
Satisfy your Grey’s Anatomy addiction: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr.