Now that we have a sneak peek of the first 10 minutes of the Grey's Anatomy alternate reality episode (Season 8, Episode 13: "If/Then"), we're finally getting a sense of just how crazy bizzaro Seattle Grace is. Answer: Super crazy. We're talking crazier than spontaneous orgasms and a pregnant man all rolled up in one.
Here are the ten most shocking changes from the way things normally are — and this is just what we find out about in the first ten minutes!
- Ellis Grey is married to Richard Webber (James Pickens Jr.). In this world, it looks like the affair turned into a happy marriage, giving Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) a stable upbringing. But what happened to poor Adele?
- Owen (Kevin McKidd) and Callie (Sara Ramirez) are married, with children. We still don't really understand how this one happened.
- Derek (Patrick Dempsey) is a surgical slacker. We guess marital bliss with Addison dulled his ambition.
- Speaking of Addison: She's pregnant!
- Callie and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) do interact — by fighting over how to treat a patient. They don't seem to like each other at all. Calzona, we miss you already.
- Bailey (Chanda Wilson) is shy, mumbley, and unable to stand up for herself. Where is the woman who was once called The Nazi?
- April (Sarah Drew) is Meredith's (Ellen Pompeo) "person" — and Mer hates Cristina (Sandra Oh)! We don't even know what to say about this.
- Gone is the rough and gruff Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) we know and love. This Alex is a cheery Head Resident who's engaged to Meredith. Talk about a different universe.
- Teddy (Kim Raver) isn't at Seattle Grace. She does still Skype with Owen — who hasn't told Callie that his "buddy" Teddy is a girl. Do we smell trouble in alternate universe paradise?
- Lexie (Chyler Leigh) is a tattooed, dread locked patient who is wheeled into ER for an overdose. Whaaa?
What change do you find most surprising? Take our poll, and weigh in on our Facebook page