Could Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) get pregnant on Grey's Anatomy Season 9? A recent spoiler pegs Mer as one of 13 leading ladies who may be revealed to be pregnant sometimes in the next three months.
Will it end up being Meredith? Who knows. But we'd certainly like it! Here are five reasons we think this would be a great plot twist.
1. Don't we all deserve some happiness right now? Given the plane crash, Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) losing her leg, Derek (Patrick Dempsey) potentially losing his ability to operate, Owen (Kevin McKidd) and Cristina's (Sandra Oh) problems, and the ongoing lawsuit, we, as viewers, could use some really, really great news right now.
2. It would give MerDer something positive to focus on. While we've been impressed by how relatively well Meredith and Derek have handled their post-crash problems, it would be nice for them to have something new and positive to focus on (though Zola certainly helps!)
3. Zola would be the cutest big sis ever! Speaking of Zola, the idea of her playing with a little sibling makes us want to melt into a giant pile of goo.
4. She could name the kid after Lexie and make us cry (in a good way). What better way to memorialize Lexie (Chyler Leigh) than to have Mer name a daughter after her?
(Or, if it's a son, they could name him for Mark [Eric Dane].)
5. It would cement the theme of growing up. This season seems to be all about the main crop of characters really coming into their own as adults with established careers. While Mer focusing on being a good doctor and mom to Zola gets the point across, having her be pregnant and planning for a growing family would really fit, thematically.
Do you want Mer to be pregnant? Let us know in the comments below.
For more Grey’s spoilers, click here.
Catch the next new episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, November 29 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Satisfy your Grey’s Anatomy addiction: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr.