Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) is finally back in Seattle on Grey's Anatomy Season 9, Episode 6: “Second Opinion” (airing tonight, November 15), which makes us even more excited for the episode than normal.
We can't make time speed up, but we can try to keep ourselves distracted by dissecting the sneak peek and previews of the episode for clues about what's coming up. So, of course, that's what we've done! Here are the six most interesting things we've learned.
1. Does Cristina go back to work? Okay, the most important thing first: Cristina (Sandra Oh) is back to work at Seattle Grace Mercy West, as you can see in the sneak peek below. According to Owen (Kevin McKidd), the new head of cardio is the one who pushed to get Cristina back on staff. Is that true, or just a cover, because Owen doesn't want to admit he wants her around?
2. Cristina/Owen tension. In the same sneak peek, we can see that whatever Owen's real feelings, he's attempting to stay distanced from Cristina, and even refuses to be her proxy in the plane crash lawsuit anymore. Cristina, interestingly, looks hurt and confused by that.
3. What is Cristina's attitude? Whatever Cristina's opinion towards Owen, the preview of the episode (below) makes one thing very clear: The interns will not get a taste of the softer side of Cristina that we saw in her interactions with Dr. Thomas (William Daniels) last week.
4. Lawsuit problems. In the sneak peek below, we learn that the lawyers will be digging into the docs' physical, mental, and emotional post-crash problems. We also find out that the lawsuit could end up demanding money from the pilot of the plane, much to the distress of everyone who survived the crash alongside him. Callie (Sara Ramirez), on the other hand, doesn't mind the idea of levying fines against the pilot if he was negligent, since she doesn't know him. Could that cause strife between her and the other docs?
5. Intern problems. While some of the interns are dealing with Cristina, Jo (Camilla Luddington) is saddled with a patient of the week who has often come into the ER drunk in the past, but insists that this time, his vomiting is from something else. Could he be the one who suffers from Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS), a cause close to Chanda Wilson's heart?
For more Grey’s spoilers, click here.
Catch the next new episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, November 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaMartin47.
Satisfy your Grey’s Anatomy addiction: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr.