Grey's Anatomy Season 9, Episode 8: “Love Turns You Upside Down” (airing tonight, December 6) will give us a look at how the new interns see life at Seattle Grace-Mercy West.
We're not sure if we're sold on all of the newbies yet, but we're always interested to get another POV on our favorite docs, so we're looking forward to this episode. While we can't make tonight's episode get here any faster, we can try to see into the future by dissecting the sneak peeks and previews of the episode for clues about what's coming up.
Here are the seven most interesting things we learned by doing just that.
Read spoilers at your own risk! For more on Wetpaint Entertainment's philosophy on spoilers, click here.
1. The interns are still scared of Mer and Cristina. In the sneak peek below, the interns tremble under the watchful gaze of Cristina (Sandra Oh) and Meredith (Ellen Pompeo). They're not so bad, guys. We promise!
2. Leah is hung up on Alex. In the same sneak peek we learn that Leah (Tessa Ferrer) is still hung up on Alex (Justin Chambers).
3. Alex and Jo work together and ... bond? Unfortunately for Leah, Jo (Camilla Luddington) is the one who actually gets to work with Alex this week. In the sneak peek below, he snaps at her, telling her not everyone has had it as easy as she has. But by the end of the clip, their argument has transformed into banter. It's nice to see that Jo understands how lucky she's been, and that she has a good enough sense of humor to deal with Alex's grumpy demeanor.
4. April the dud. In the first sneak peek above, the interns make fun of April (Sarah Drew), calling her a "dud." Shane (Gaius Charles) is the only one who defends her. However, in the sneak peek below, it turns out April's not as much of a pushover as the interns think. She gives Shane a harsh lecture because he wasn't sensitive enough about a patient with a gross problem.
We also learn that April knows the interns call her a dud, which makes us sad for her. On the other hand, she might be projecting her own angst onto Shane. We hope she doesn't scare away her only defender!
5. Leah and Stephanie in trouble. At the end of the preview below, Cristina bursts into a room and asks Leah (Tessa Ferrer) and Stephanie (Jerrika Hinton), "What's going on?" "They're trying to kill me, that's what's going on!" a patient exclaims. At the beginning of the preview, Leah and Tessa are also reprimanded for running. Sounds like they're having a bad week.
6. Bigfoot? In the sneak peek below, two men run into the hospital claiming to have shot Bigfoot. Why do we have a feeling their victim is actually a normal person with some sort of disorder that makes them grow massive amounts of hair? Either way, this sneak peek tells us one thing for sure: All of the docs are interested in Bigfoot.
7. A secret? The promo below says this episode will "expose a secret so big ... it will shock everyone." What could that be?
8. Why is Derek's sister in town? Perhaps most excitingly, we learn that Mer has intern Heather (Tina Majorino) call Derek's (Patrick Dempsey) sisters to ask for nerve donations for his hand. Derek is not happy about it, and Heather ends up in the middle, learning things about MerDer she never wanted to know.