Grey's Anatomy Season 9, Episode 9: “Run, Baby, Run" (airing tonight, December 13) is the last episode before the winter hiatus, and Shonda Rhimes promises it's going to be great.
We can't wait to watch. While we can't make tonight's episode get here any faster, we can try to see into the future by dissecting the sneak peeks and previews of the episode for clues about what's coming up.
Here are the seven most interesting things we learned by doing just that.
1. Bailey has "cold feet." In the preview for the episode (below), we see Bailey (Chandra Wilson) say she has "a little cold feet." But is that all it is? In the sneak peek below the preview, we see that she still has some real concerns about her long-distance relationship. Will it be enough to stop her from walking down the aisle? We do see her in a limo, wearing her wedding dress, shouting "turn the car around!"
2. And she's stressed about work. We should also remember that Bailey is Bailey, so part of her stress is about leaving her patients, as you can see in this sneak peek.
3. Trouble for Calzona? In the first sneak peek above, we also see Callie (Sara Ramirez) start rambling about how maybe Bailey should run, because you could end up tied to someone for the rest of your life. "Sure, you love each other now, but the next thing you know you are cleaning his pee off the ground and going to bed with a foot-wide demilitarized zone down the middle of the bed." Is this really her talking about her relationship with Arizona (Jessica Capshaw), or is she just trying out some reverse psychology?
4. Definitely trouble for Owen and Cristina. In the sneak peek below, Owen (Kevin McKidd) tells Cristina (Sandra Oh) their divorce papers are ready. She seems reluctant when she says she's prepared to sign, but in the preview above there is a clip of her saying "I want a divorce." Hmmm...
5. Liz is mad at Meredith. In the sneak peek below, we learn that Liz (Nev Campbell) is mad at Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) for never visiting, or inviting her to come meet Zola. She says she's "delighted" to treat Mer like a sister, but Mer needs to step up and "act like one" in return.
6. Meredith's worry. Meanwhile, in a sneak peek that you can see here, we learn that Mer hasn't even told Cristina that she's pregnant, because she's so worried about losing the baby.
7. Jo is worried about getting fired. In the Canadian preview for the episode (below), intern Jo (Camilla Luddington) is worried about getting fired. Why? What happened? We're not sure, but we do see Arizona lecturing Alex (Justin Chambers), saying "You're a teacher now. If your students fail, you fail."