The preview for Grey's Anatomy Season 9, Episode 7: "I Was Made for Lovin’ You" promises a "bombshell no one could ever expect" in the last five minutes of the episode, and Jesse Williams (Jackson Avery) confirms that it's a "big, big episode."
We know the preview said we could never expect the bombshell, but that won't stop us from trying to figure out what it is. So here are five theories about what the bombshell could be.
Read spoilers at your own risk! For more on Wetpaint Entertainment's philosophy on spoilers, click here.
1. April is pregnant. The preview and this sneak peek suggest April (Sarah Drew) has a major pregnancy scare this week. Maybe in the last five minutes of the episode she confirms that she is, in fact, pregnant with Jackson's (Jesse Williams) kid. That plot is certainly ripe with potential. On the other hand, is it really something "no one could ever expect"? April and Jackson are two young, healthy people who keep having sex on a primetime soap. Pregnancy is always a risk in that situation.
2. April is sick. Sarah Drew has called this her favorite episode of the season so far, which suggests that it's very April heavy. Maybe the bombshell is that April's pregnancy scare is actually a sign of a serious medical problem. That would certainly be unexpected.
3. Meredith is pregnant. A spoiler lists Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) as one of 13 leads who could potentially get pregnant soon. Mer being pregnant would certainly be a surprise, though we don't think it would be a "bombshell" as much as a "blessing.”
4. Something devastating with Derek's hand. We know Derek's (Patrick Dempsey) hand continued to be a source of tension, and his sister even comes to town in Season 9, Episode 8: “Love Turns You Upside Down.” We also know Callie (Sara Ramirez) will still be working with Derek's hand in this episode. Maybe she somehow makes things worse?
5. Arizona runs into trouble. Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) comes back to work this episode, and the preview shows someone who looks like Arizona on the ground in the OR, and Alex (Justin Chambers) yelling "everybody get out." Though does she need more bad things to happen to her?
Of course, you can never rule out another accident or even a surprise death on Grey's. What do you think will happen?
Catch the next new episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, November 29 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Satisfy your Grey’s Anatomy addiction: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr.