Grey's Anatomy Season 9 doesn't return until after the holidays, but that just means we have extra time to obsess over every little thing we know about the second half of the season.
In that spirit, we've taken a microscope to the winter preview. Here are seven things we learned from it.
Read spoilers at your own risk! For more on Wetpaint Entertainment's philosophy on spoilers, click here.
1. Here come the bikers. The first shot we see is a bunch of bikers riding in front of an ambulance, and Owen (Kevin McKidd) telling Cristina (Sandra Oh) "I need you to page security." It looks like the docs may have to save someone who's in a biker gang (or someone a biker gang accidently hurt?). Sons of Anarchy crossover, anyone?
2. Derek after surgery. There's a shot of Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) cuddling with Derek (Patrick Dempsey) in his hospital bed. Long recovery from the hand surgery?
3. Calzona gets their sexy on. "I'm about to have sex!" Callie (Sara Ramirez) whispers into a phone. It looks like this couple gets their sexy on soon after the break.
4. Alex and Jo cry. Yes, that is a shot of Alex (Justin Chambers) crying!
5. Richard gets mad. We see Richard (James Pickens Jr.) yelling at Cristina, saying "you want to look at me right now and tell me you're sorry?" Cristina looks really upset. We're guessing Richard's outburst has to do with Adele's death, either directly (Cristina had something to do with it) or indirectly (he's not handling it well). We hope Cristina isn't involved in a failed surgery on Adele or something — we already had that plotline with Henry.
6. Jackson and Stephanie. Yep, Jackson (Jesse Williams) and intern Stephanie (Jerrika Hinton) totally get it on, even if Jackson first says "I don't sleep with interns." Sure you don't, Jackson. Sure you don't.
7. Ben and Bailey fight? There's a shot of Ben grabbing Bailey (Chandra Wilson) and asking "do you love me"? It looks like he's still dressed up for the wedding, so maybe things will be cleared up quickly between them. After all, we think he'd understand if Bailey answers, "Yes, I love you, but my mentor's wife was dying and he was freaking out so I did the surgery."
Watch the preview yourself below.