Grey's Anatomy Season 8 was not exactly the best one for shippers. Between Lexie's (Chyler Leigh) death, Henry's death, and the destruction of Owen (Kevin McKidd) and Cristina's (Sandra Oh) marriage, there was more pain than joy to be found in the relationship department.
However, this is still Grey's Anatomy, which means there were some memorable romantic moments over the course of the season. Here are our five favorites.
5. Richard Sings "My Funny Valentine": This moment from Episode 12 was heartbreaking, but also beautiful. Adele, disoriented because of her Alzheimer's, was freaking out until Richard (James Pickens Jr.) calmed her with a rendition of "My Funny Valentine." This scene is a great example of the power of love in action.
4. MerDer Make Up: Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) spent too much of the first half of the season worried about Zola to devote a lot of time to romantic nights. However, the scene where they lay in bed after their big fight in Episode 3, deciding to stay together despite everything that had gone wrong, was a great moment in MerDer history. Sometimes, it's the small things that make our hearts sing.
3. Callie's Valentine's Day Surprise: Calzona wasn't in the spotlight this season, but we loved the moment where Callie (Sara Ramirez) surprised Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) with a "camping trip" comprised of candles and sexy-times in Episode 14. Even married with a kid, these gals know how to have a good time.
2. Ben and Bailey Propose: We loved both proposals between Bailey (Chanda Wilson) and Ben in Episode 23. Ben's elaborate crossword plan was cute, but his blurting the question out in the operating room seems even more appropriate. And let's just say anything that gets Bailey into a thong makes us happy.
1. Lexie Confesses Her Love to Mark: Lexie's adorable rambling confession of love in Episode 22 wins hands down in our book. Grey's has always excelled at big "I love you" scenes, and this is one of the greats.
What did you think was the most romantic moment of the season? Let us know in the comments below.
Miss Grey’s? Us too. Luckily the show will return to Thursdays at 9 p.m. with all-new episodes in the fall on ABC.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaMartin47.
Satisfy your Grey’s Anatomy addiction: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr.