Grey's Anatomy Season 8 has been a hard one for many of Seattle Grace-Mercy West's couples. Between the MerDer baby troubles, Owen (Kevin McKidd)/Cristina (Sandra Oh)'s continued tension, and, of course, Henry (Scott Foley)'s death, there hasn't been a whole lot to smile about in the romance department this season.
Fortunately, it's not all bad news. To help get us through the hiatus and remember that there is light at the end of of the cliffhanger tunnel, here are the five most romantic moments from the season so far:
5. Owen and Cristina Get Food Poisoning: We never thought we'd find food poisoning romantic, but Owen and Cristina laughing together on the bathroom floor during Season 8, Episode 3, "Take the Lead" proved us wrong. After waiting all summer to see if this couple could survive, this bizarre bonding moment warmed our hearts.
4. MerDer Make Up. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) have been too worried about the loss of Zola to spend time on romantic nights out this season. However, the scene where they lay in bed after their big fight in Season 8, Episode 3, deciding to stay together despite everything that had gone wrong was a great, if quiet, moment in MerDer history.
3. Teddy and Henry in the On-Call Room: In Season 8, Episode 8, "Heart-Shaped Box," Henry complimented Teddy Altman (Kim Raver)'s surgical skills, and was rewarded with some on-call room fun in return. This couple had fantastic chemistry — we're still in denial about what happened next.
2. Owen/Cristina's Kitchen Sex: What can we say? Owen and Cristina getting naughty in the kitchen during Season 8, Episode 6, “Poker Face” was a great moment for the shippers. It's nice to know this married couple hasn't lost their spark.
1. Arizona Wants to be Sophia's Official Mom: The hot Calzona sexin' in Season 8, Episode 6 was quite nice, but it was actually a throwaway moment in Season 8, Episode 5, "Love, Loss, and Legacy" that wins the top spot in our hearts. Calzona hasn't had a lot of screen time this season, but Arizona finally asking to be made Sofia's official, on-paper parent is the perfect finishing touch on the several-season arc that took Arizona from anti-children to loving mom. We may have shed a few tears here.
What was your favorite romantic moment from Season 8? Let us know on our Facebook page.