We fell in love the moment we met Sammi Sweetheart on Jersey Shore, totally digging her confidence and sassy-but-sweet personality. Now that she’s turning 26, we’re celebrating her birthday by sharing five things we love most about “the sweetest bitch you’ll ever meet.”
1. She’s super confident. Remember during Season 1 when The Situation put the moves on Sammi? When she eschewed his advances in favor of Ronnie’s, he tried to get possessive, but she quickly shot him down and told him straight out that he didn’t own her and she was a single girl, free to make up her own mind. Even when things got rough at the start of Season 3 when all of the girls in the house were against her, Sammi kept her cool and stood up for herself, even as some of the most confident guidettes were coming at her. Now that takes guts!
2. She’s fiercely loyal. They don’t call her “the sweetest bitch you’ll ever meet” for nothing. Even though Sammi can be sassy, when it comes to the people she loves, she’ll always be there to support them and lend a shoulder to try on. It was in fact Sammi who helped convince Snooki not to leave the house in Season 1 after an embarrassing first night when everyone else was ignoring her. And even though the girls all had their differences throughout the years, Sammi took the mature step to apologize and admit when she was wrong. Not to mention that she’s been by Ron’s side through everything, even some of their biggest and scariest fights.
3. She’s creative. After the show ended, Sammi made sure not to fade into obscurity and took advantage of her new platform to become a businesswoman and designer. She patented her own perfume and launched a clothing line of fitness apparel that reflects her signature style. She’s even hard at work on her next clothing line and a collection of blinged-out iPhone cases! We’re sure they’ll be just as fabulous as she is.
4. She’s stunningly beautiful. Okay, we know it’s a bit superficial, but there’s no denying how beautiful Sammi is, with and without all her crazy guidette makeup. When xoJane gave her a fresh “makeunder,” they revealed her flawless skin and naturally wavy hair. Even when lounging around in sweats and t-shirts at the Shore House, she managed to look lovely, and when she gets all dolled-up for photoshoots, the results are similarly stunning. Ronnie didn’t deem her a “perfect 10” and break his rules of falling in love at the Shore for nothing!
5. She’s super funny. We miss Sammi’s running commentary about her roommates on Jersey Shore. She was always ready with a one-liner or a snarky comeback (“A walking holiday? What does that mean? Are you gonna out candy?”), and if we recall correctly, she was the first person to dub Snooki and Deena “meatballs”! Sammi showed off her silly sense of humor for her fans with a recent fake advertisement for her perfume “Dangerous,” hamming it up for the camera and showing off her goofy sense of humor.
As she said in the first episode of Jersey Shore, “A guidette is somebody who knows how to club it up, takes really good care of themselves, has pretty hair, cakes on makeup, has tanned skin, wears the hottest heels, pretty much they know how to own it and rock it.” Sammi Sweetheart embodies this ideal to a T, though of course she’s more than just a fabulous guidette. She’s the loyal, creative, beautiful, funny Sammi Sweetheart, and we wish her the best birthday ever!
What are your favorite things about Sammi? Tell us below!