We're taking a momentary pause from our regularly scheduled Jersey Shore news to share some important information on how you can help victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Many people have been shocked by the devastating photos of the havock Sandy has wreaked in the Jersey area. The storm has also heavily affected the entire East Coast, with flooding, power outages, and fires impacting people from Maine to the Carolinas.
If you've been moved to help, here are a couple of quick and easy ways to make a difference.
- Donate to the Red Cross, which is providing disaster relief and shelters.
- Donate to the Salvation Army, which is providing food and shelter.
- Donate to Feeding America, which is providing emergency food and water.
- Donate to AmeriCares, with is providing emergency medical care.
- If you are in the NYC area and able to safely get to one of the centers, you can donate blood to the New York Blood Center to help people in the NY/NJ area.