The reveal this past Sunday on Keeping Up With the Kardashians that Kim Kardashian would be welcoming a daughter shouldn't have been a huge surprise! If you were paying attention, you could have guessed that the 32-year-old reality star would be having a girl. Here are five clues we had in the past few months!
- The music boxes Kim and Kanye sent around as baby shower invitations featured a spinning ballerina — not a ballerino.
- Kim and her family may have tried to throw us off the scent — first with Kim giving Jay Leno a boy's name, Easton, as a potential pick for her baby; and again with her stepdad, Bruce Jenner, seeming to spill the beans by talking about the arrival of a "little guy."
- Kathie Lee Gifford, a close friend of Kris Jenner, referred to the baby as a "girl" on Today.
- A source told Us Weekly in February that Kim and Kanye were expecting a girl. (Not that the insider had anything less than a 50% chance of being correct.)
- Perhaps most tellingly, Kim received a pink gift basket in April. (Not that we endorse heteronormative views on what colors boys and girls should prefer!)