These days Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom are so unbreakable as a couple that they’ve created a fragrance as a testament to their love. But the road to soulmateville is rough and filled with cringe-worthy exes. Before they met, both Khloe and Lamar had their share of failed relationships. Here’s a guide to what — and who — they were doing before they met up in August 2009.
Khloe Kardashian’s Rolodex of Athletes:
• Khloe Kardashian revealed in the Kardashian tell-all Kardashian Konfidential that she lost her virginity when she was 14 to an 18-year-old guy.“Looking back I think that’s not a normal thing,” she said. Khloe also revealed that felt she was pressured by her partner at the time and that the experience left her feeling “disgusted.” She soon cut off all ties with the guy and didn’t have sex for another three years.
• In 2008, Khloe hooked up with Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Derrick Ward. At the time, football players were the “in” thing: Her sister Kim was dating New Orleans Saints player Reggie Bush. "Derrick met Khloe through Kim, and the four of them go on double dates,” a source told Star at the time. “The sisters both really like sports stars!"
• That same year Khloe also dated Sacramento Kings basketball player Rashad McCants. The relationship didn’t work out partially because the two couldn’t coordinate their busy schedules. "[Basketball players] have 82 games a year... and I work so much," Khloe said of the relationship. "It's hard to spend time together." (Thank God she figured it out with Lamar this time around!)
In January 2009, The two ended on a bitter note after 7 months of dating. “He’s a loser,” she said at the time. “I just told him it’s done.” Rashad claimed the relationship was staged for Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami.
Lamar Odom’s Baby Mama and First (!) Proposal:
• Long before Khloe and Lamar tried to conceive a lil’ Khlomar, the basketball player was busy with a growing family of his own. Lamar dated fashion designer Liza Morales for 10 years. The couple had three children together: Destiny (born in 1998), Lamar Jr. (born 2002), and Jayden (born 2005). (Tragically, Jayden died while he was sleeping in 2006.)
• Khloe and Lamar started their fast and furious relationship in September 2009. After less than a month of dating, the basketball player popped the question — and Khloe of course said yes. Lamar’s televised proposal on Keeping Up With the Kardashians was certainly romantic, but it wasn’t his first! Lamar reportedly asked then-girlfriend Taraji Henson to marry him just weeks before meeting Khloe. Sources say Taraji was scared off by his proposal.
… and the rest is reality TV history!