‘SATC’ Star Willie Garson Just Shaded Kim Cattrall So Hard (UPDATE)
UPDATE (10/5/17 at 12:51 p.m. ET):
Willie Garson — aka Stanford Blatch — is not holding back when it comes to spilling the tea regarding all the Sex and the City 3 drama.
Just one week after it was revealed the third movie would not be happening due to Kim Cattrall saying “no,” the actor called out the 61-year-old after she claimed she wasn’t being a diva.
“Dear fans, because I'm ‘toxic’, I'm going to negotiate a contract for 6 months, not come to terms, then say I never wanted to do it anyway,” he tweeted on Wednesday, October 4.
Click on for more details.
Original story (10/3/17 at 1:27 p.m. ET):
Kim Cattrall is setting the rumors straight once and for all.
Just days after it was revealed the third Sex and the City movie was not going to be made due to alleged “diva demands” made by the actress, the blonde beauty is being forced to defend herself.
Sitting down with Piers Morgan, the 61-year-old, who played Samantha Jones, opened up about the negative press she’s been receiving since the news broke last week.
“And now, now at this very moment it’s quite extraordinary to get any kind of negative press about something that I’ve been saying for almost a year of ‘no’ that I’m demanding or a diva,” she told the host on his show Life Stories Monday, October 2.
“And this is really where I take to task the people from Sex And The City and specifically Sarah Jessica Parker in that I think she could have been nicer,” she continued.
“I really think she could have been nicer.”
After it was revealed the third SATC movie was not going to be made, Sarah Jessica Parker — who played Carrie Bradshaw — spoke out about the news last week and shared her disappointment.
“It’s over…we’re not doing it. I’m disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story,” the Divorce actress told Extra on Thursday, September 28.
“It’s not just disappointing that we don’t get to tell the story and have that experience, but more so for that audience that has been so vocal in wanting another movie.”
Following the news Kim was not interested in making the third movie, some believed it was because she was making crazy diva demands.
“I never asked for any money, I never asked for any projects, to be thought of as some kind of diva is absolutely ridiculous,” she continued to tell the former X-Factor judge.
“I remember so clearly making that decision and last December I got a phone call and it was concerning that and I knew exactly, I could feel it, and the answer was simply, ‘thank you but no I’m good,’” she continued.
“This isn’t about more money, this is not about more scenes, it’s not about any of those things. This is about a clear decision, an empowered decision in my life to end one chapter and start another. I’m 61. It’s now.”
Despite not wanting to be a part of the SATC franchise anymore, she hopes the film gets made.
“I want them to make the movie, if that’s what they want to do. It’s a great part,” she continued.
“I played it past the finish line and then some and I loved it and another actress should play it, maybe they could make it an African American Samantha Jones or a Hispanic Samantha Jones?”
In fact, instead of recasting Samantha Jones, Kim suggests changing the storyline all together.
“Or bring in another character. It can be another character. This is what I really believe that this franchise needs another point of view and this could be it,” she shared.
“I don’t feel like a victim, I feel like I came out of this on top. This has given me a fantastic platform.”
What do you think of all this drama? Would you watch a SATC movie without Kim?! Sound off below!