Lamar Odom’s Best Friend, Jamie Sangouthai, Dies of Overdose — Report
Tragedy has struck the Kardashian family once again. This past Sunday, June 14, a close friend of Khloé Kardashian passed away: Lamar Odom’s BFF, Jamie Sangouthai, who had appeared on Khloé & Lamar often. Us Weekly has confirmed that the 37-year-old died due to a drug overdose.
One unnamed source told the magazine that, "Lamar is beside himself.” Jaime had been friends with Lamar since high school and even acted as the best man in the basketball player's televised wedding to Khloé. Another unknown person close to the situation said to Us, "They were best friends, like brothers. Lamar is going to take this really hard."
when does it stop? RIP Jamie SangouthaiKhlo (@khloekardashian) June 14, 2015
Khlo (@khloekardashian) June 15, 2015
It already seems like Lamar’s ex-wife Khloé isn't taking the horrible news very well. Upon finding out about Jaime’s death, the youngest Kardashian sister tweeted, “When does it stop? RIP Jamie Sangouthai,” followed by another tweet of just broken hearts and distressed emojis.
The reality star then tweeted a link to an Instagram post. In the upload there’s an illustrated image of a woman sobbing, paired with the caption, “Life doesn't get easier but I promise you that life will make you stronger.” Even when she’s overcome with grief, Khloé can still be an inspiration.
Khloé’s good friend Malika Haqq also uploaded a picture of Jaime to Instagram. “Thru good and bad times life shows us every spirit matters,” she captioned the snapshot, “and leaves a print on the hearts of others after they have passed... RIP Jamie Sangouthai.”
At least Khloé was taking blissful photos near the Hawaiian mountains just before finding out about Jaime’s death. Hopefully the tranquil setting will put her on the road towards emotional recovery.