Autumn de Wilde/ ABC
Once Upon a Time’s Lana Parrilla: 5 Fun Facts
Lana Parrilla (Regina Mills/The Evil Queen) is one of the very best actresses on Once Upon a Time. But how well do you really know the woman who brings you Regina in all her angry, tearful glory?
While Lana's die-hard fans already know every detail about life, here are some fun facts about the actress that the average OUAT viewer might not know yet.
1. Her dad was a professional baseball player. Talent runs in the family! Lana's father, Sam Parrilla, played for the Philadelphia Phillies in 1970.
2. Her aunt is also an actress. Lana's aunt is actress Candice Azzara, and spending time with Candice is what convinced Lana to pursue acting.
3. She has a tattoo. While we can't imagine Regina swinging by a tattoo parlor, Lana does indeed have a tattoo.
4. She studied voice for 10 years. It's no accident that Lana seems to have such control over her beautiful (though sometimes sinister and frightening) voice — she studied voice for 10 years to help perfect her acting.
5. She's sporty and outdoorsy. Hey, with an athlete for a father, is this any surprise?
Source: IMDB, TV Guide, Toronto Sun, Perth Now