5. Emily and Maya have a very awkward chat. It was hard to get too excited about Maya (Bianca Lawson) and Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) date, given that Maya kept getting mysterious calls and texts. Turns out, they were from a boyfriend she had during her absence from Rosewood (so she says). Emily seemed a bit shocked that Maya dated a guy, but considering Emily herself dated someone who once tried to drown her, we don’t think Em gets to judge other people’s dating choices.
4. Mona buys a bajillion sweaters. (Somewhere, Bill Cosby is smiling.) It’s splitsville for Mona (Janel Parrish) and Noel (Brant Daugherty) (although we’re guessing that approximately zero people are shedding tears for them), but we get some interesting clues in the process. When Mona randomly bumps into Spencer (Troian Bellisario) at the train station, she mentions that Noel was on the phone with someone throughout Caleb’s (Tyler Blackburn) party. Who was he talking to, and was it “A”-related? Because somehow we’re guessing Noel wasn’t chatting with the crisis hotline.
3. Aria juggles two guys. We’ve never known Aria (Lucy Hale) to use guys to get what she wants, but that was the case this week as our normally sweet Aria goes with Holden to the Arthur Miller play in an effort to see Ezra (Ian Harding) and maybe make him a teensy bit jealous. There’s no denying the chemistry when Ezra and Aria saw each other, although they didn’t have the kind of scintillating conversation that Aria was presumably hoping for. (But at least she had Gummi bears to comfort her, right?)
2. Doesn’t everyone typically make all their confessions in a rowboat? Former NBA player Charles Barkley has lost $10 million betting on basketball, so at least Lucas (Brendan Robinson) isn’t that much in debt, but he’s getting there. And it seems that Caleb will be able to forgive him (is Caleb the best or what?), but it’s hard to imagine Hanna (Ashley Benson) or Caleb trusting Lucas again. So does this mean that Lucas isn’t working with “A,” or could this random gambling story be a lie? Either way, we don’t want Lucas managing our money.
1. Jenna was friendly in Philly? (Uh, maybe she has a secret twin, too?) Spencer’s trip to Philly yielded all kinds of surprises and clues, not the least of which is that Jenna (Tammin Sursok) is actually capable of being nice to someone, as her friend at the blindness rehab center can attest. Spencer also learns that Garrett signed Jenna out on the night before Ali disappeared, but that Ali herself didn’t sign in. And is it safe to say that Jenna wasn’t the one shopping at Smitty’s magazine stand (unless they sell Us Weekly in Braille)?
Catch the next Pretty Little Liars on Monday, January 23 at 8pm ET/PT on ABC Family.