It’s great to come from a loving family, but inbreeding is where we draw the line. Check out the top 10 quotes from Modern Family Season 3, Episode 15: “Aunt Mommy,” and try to keep your hands off your brother while reading this.
10. Luke (Nolan Gould) chats with his friend: “It’s not rocket science. We’re only re-animating a squirrel.”
We’re worried about Luke’s hobbies...
9. Haley (Sarah Hyland) mixes up her senses: “She has super good hearing. Like a seeing eye dog.”
Let’s try that one again.
8. Manny (Rico Rodriguez) calls out to his pops: “Jay, can you steep my tea?”
Doesn’t Manny drink espresso in the mornings?
7. Phil (Ty Burrell) says bye to his kiddos: “I have to go show a house, but first –– what was Elton John’s sexuality in the ‘70s?”
We’ll file this one under “hilarious.”
6. Claire (Julie Bowen) walks into the kitchen: “Oh, thank God. Nobody’s dead.”
Luke: “Or.... we’re all dead.”
Love it when Luke gets philosophical.
5. Cam (Eric Stonestreet) chugs some wine: “What? I’m playing a new drinking game. It’s called ‘Everytime I get depressed, I take a drink.’”
Mitch (Jesse Tyler Ferguson): “That game exists, it’s called alcoholism.”
Fizbo does not approve.
4. Claire drunk-brags: “Guys, I make really good babies. I have, like, magic eggs or something. They’re golden.”
Luke truly is the golden boy.
3. Mitch doubts himself: “What are we supposed to tell the baby? ‘Say hi to your Aunt Mommy.’”
Mitch: “No, not adorable. Appalachian.”
We’re siding with Cam on this one.
2. Jay (Ed O'Neill) worries about the future of the Pritchett clan: “Isn’t it enough this family spends a lot of time together, now we have to inbreed?”
They’re American royalty. Kinda goes with the territory.
1. Claire sobers up: “What was I thinking? I just get drunk and I bring a baby into the world?”
Phil: “That would be four for four."
This explains so much.
Catch the next new episode of Modern Family on Wednesday, February 22 at 9 pm ET/PT on ABC.
For more on Modern Family, Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter.