Seth MacFarlane, you have met your match. NBC stars Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the 2013 Golden Globes last night, and they killed it! When Seth hosts the Academy Awards in a few months, he’ll have lots to live up to, because as Tina and Amy proved, they are the hostesses with the very mostess-es. Here are 10 other reasons we love these funny women:
10. We’re totally envious of their best friendship. And it’s not just for the cameras — it’s the real thing.
9. They dominate Thursday nights on NBC and make us wet ourselves from laughing on 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation.
8. Baby Mama, Mean Girls, and SNL’s Weekend Update. Enough said!
7. Did you see how great they looked in their Golden Globes dresses (and, in Amy’s case, cute little tux)? Talk about va-va-voom!
6. They are smart, successful, and beautiful. And they use their real names.
5. They do spot on, hilarious impressions of Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton, respectively.
4. They’re unabashedly brave. Zinging James Cameron, Meryl Streep, and Daniel Day-Lewis on live television takes courage.
3. Lucy and Ethel, Mary and Rhoda, Tina and Amy. We’re just saying.
2. If all goes as planned, Tina’s daughters will marry Amy’s boys, making theirs the funniest family tree in American history.
1. We can’t think of anyone we’d rather have as role models for our daughters.
Want more Loop du Loop? Like us on our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter!