Credit: Thinkstock Photo: Bottled Water

In “you’ve got to be kidding me” parenting news, an investigation is underway for a mother who accidentally gave her baby vodka, thinking it was water.

We’ve all had those incidents as a parent that we’d like to forget – your child rolling off the couch or that time your son helped himself to the bottle of baby Advil you left open (yes, this one was me, okay!?) – but it’s hard to imagine how this could have happened.

The Compton woman apparently rushed her baby to the hospital after she gave her baby a sip from what she thought was a bottle filled with water, only to find out it was actually vodka. The baby reportedly ingested about half of a bottle cap of vodka before the mother realized her mistake.

Not surprisingly, the Department of Children and Family Services in Los Angeles is expected to launch an investigation into the matter.

We can't help but wonder, why was there a water bottle filled with vodka?

We like to give mothers a break on mistakes most times, as mothering is certainly no easy gig, but this incident could have been a real tragedy.

Source: ABC