Deaths from tattoos are rare, although you accept a certain amount of risk when you decide to get inked. Daily Mail reports that Italian student Federica Iammatteo from Milan had gotten tattoos before at the same professional tattoo parlor without a problem, but her most recent tat resulted in chills, “pins and needles” in her hands and feet, and eventually death.

Federica had suffered from septic shock due to a blood infection, presumably from a dirty needle, although police found no immediate hygienic issues at the parlor she visited just hours before her death.

“My daughter didn’t lack money to go to a proper center where it was more than safe to get a tattoo,” said Federica’s father, Agostino Iammatteo, “and she had already had others done there.”

The 23-year-old student was loving life before she passed away. She loved to ride motorcycles, snapping a picture of herself on her red Ducati just days before.

The Milan prosecutor is calling for a manslaughter investigation into ‘persons unknown’ as well as an autopsy of Federica.

Her father said, “You don’t die like this at 23 years old. She was full of energy, sporty. We want to know what happened.”

Source: Daily Mail


Want more Wetpaint Moms? Like us on our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter!