There’s something about being a mom that seems to makes everyone around us feel like they can say anything about us, to us, at any time. We’re not being sensitive — just the other day, someone sweetly reminded us that we should probably carve out some “me time” to get our roots touched up. (Thanks, mother-in-law!) We wish we could say that’s the worst of it, but it’s not. Instead, we came up with a list of the top five things you should never say to a mom — ever!
1. Wow! You look good today. Why? Because we looked like crap yesterday, with spit up on our clothes and unwashed hair? That’s the first place our mind goes, because we realize we don’t have time to look our best every day. Yes, it’s called a shower and a blow drier and we finally had 5 seconds to ourselves to use both.
2. Losing baby weight is so hard. Okay, are you saying that because you can tell that we still have 10 pounds to go? Or are you sincerely concerned for mothers around the globe who can’t lose weight?
3. Your child has so much energy. Yes, we know that our kids love to run around, be loud, and play — all of the time. They’re kids.
4. Do you work? Um, have you ever spent the day from wake-up to bedtime with a couple of toddlers? Yeah, we work — only there’s no paid vacation, sick days, or dental!
5. When are you going to have more kids? Whoa! More? We have exactly the number we want or can handle. Or course, we’d love another, but we’re having difficulties getting pregnant. Now aren’t you happy you asked?
Want more Loop du Loop? Like us on our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter!