As if we could be any more excited for the Nashville season finale, we have been hit with some exciting news that kicks it up a notch. Word on the street (read: Internet, the street of the future) is that country superstar Brad Paisley will be guest-starring on Nashville’s May 22 season finale.
But that’s not all: Brad will also be performing alongside Rayna (Connie Britton) and Deacon (Charles Esten) on the episode — as himself!
We have some immediate thoughts, and they go like this:
1. Can Rayna please kiss him since Brad’s IRL wife Kimberly Williams-Paisley (Peggy Kenter) totally stole Ray’s husband Teddy (Eric Close)?
2. Speaking of Peggy Kenter, Extra is saying she will indeed be appearing on the episode. So, what’s her sitch? Ever since Teddy found out that she leaked info about his divorce to the tabloids, her future has seemed precarious. Reports a few months back specified that she will be promoted to a series regular if the show is picked up for a second season (fingers crossed). But as what, exactly?
3. If Rayna and Deacon are performing together, it must mean that things are fine with them. We were concerned, considering we found out recently that there will be some major tension between them as Rayna struggles with a tough choice.
4. Juliette may have axed Deacon from her tour. Further support for this theory comes from spoiler photos just posted for Episode 19, which show Juliette and Avery (WHAT THE WHAT) and his facial hair playing onstage together at the Country Music Awards announcement party.
5. Brad should definitely sing controversial new single “Accidental Racist” and collaborator LL Cool J should also guest star. It would be EPIC.